Beyond a Positive Gratitude Attitude

Dream with vision, set goals with clarity, define with purpose, move forward with confidence, live fully with passion, reap joy, fulfillment and success!

Giving is a part of Living


While following a link to a story this morning from a group I belong to on FB I came across a wonderful site! This is a truly inspirational story in itself and I thought it was a wonderful representation of what can happen when we choose to take the focus off "us" and spread it around to others.

29gifts.com has a wonderful story behind it and it is something that I relate to quite well.  Like the woman behind 29gifts.com my mother has Multiple Sclerosis and I have seen the power of giving in action through my mother so I am very pleased to see yet another individual whom the power of giving has impacted so wondrously.

When my mother was 34 years old she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and at the time she was literally unable to care for herself.  In 1979 she moved back to her home province and for the next number of years she began to give of herself to others.  She started a newsletter that not only empowered her but empowered others around her and she became a published writer, an organizer of a number of events and so much more.

Although my mother didn't have the dramatic level of remission that Cami Walker of 29gifts.com experienced, she did have an incredible "rebirth" due to her own involvement with giving of herself to others.  My mother's rebirth was so profound that in early 2000 she was offered the opportunity to live in an apartment of her own (she was staying in an assisted living home).  She turned it down with this statement, "Thank you but God wants me here and I can be of more service here than in a place of my own!"

Cami Walker's story is one of true inspiration as well and it is just another wonderful example of what being grateful for what you have and sharing of yourself with others can do in your life.


When we give of ourselves without any expectations of reimbursement of any sort it provides us with an amazing feeling that permeates within us and then bursts beyond our body's borders and reaches out to others around us.  It is that wonderful sense of joy that we summon each and every time we give to another without any reason other than it makes us feel wonderful, that is like an elixir that has the power to shape, change and enhance the world around us including the people, to the point that it can even affect our health in a positive manner.

I have lived with Fibromyalgia for a number of years now and it took me about 3 years to actually uncover the power of giving for myself. Although I still live with the symptoms that are associated with Fibromyalgia I choose to look beyond the limitations this presents and focus instead on those things that are still meaningful, possible and empowering to me.  Giving of myself to others, helping when someone least expects it, doing something special or unexpected for someone or even a total stranger...no matter what it is.  If it makes you feel great and puts a smile on your face or another, then it is the gratitude of living through giving that is creating amazing changes from within that are showing without as well.

No matter how small the gift, giving of yourself to others can take the form of something as simple as a smile to something as uplifting as treating the person behind you in the coffee shop drive-thru by paying for their morning coffee.

"Imagine" the reverberation your gift can create no matter how small that gift may be - when given with sincerity it has the ability to create incredible changes in yourself and others that you may never have believed you could experience!

Are you ready to begin positive reverberations today?


0 comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected